Sunday, February 20, 2011

Downward Facing...Cody

So at the beginning of this year (and this blog) I set out to fill the next twelve months with as many new experiences as possible. I've really had to keep myself from planning this all out though, because what fun would that be if things didn't happen spontaneously? It wouldn't be, because with my OCD tendencies it would all become another project to schedule and label and color code...you get the point. This leads me to my next experience:
A couple weeks ago I was trying to figure out what I could do to mix up my workouts. Running (although the half-marathon was great), gets really boring. Ramsey, the gym at UGA, is huge and has basically anything and everything you would ever want to do; however, the girls (and guys) that spend two hours+ a day there pacing back and forth in front of the floor to ceiling mirrors sneaking glances at themselves the whole time is sort of nauseating, so I set out to find somewhere new to release my stress. And what better opportunity to try something new?? So I did! At...yoga.
If I'm truly honest, I have to admit that I was skeptical at first. And although some of my predispositions still hold true, yoga has turned out to be one of my new favorite things. (I wish I could have an official list of those like Oprah does--I think people would like mine more because the items would actually be affordable.) I never feel stronger than I do in yoga class when I'm holding a position that I can't even pronounce the name of that literally makes fire run through the muscles in my body. I've still got a lot (I mean a lot) to learn, but it's really become a way to be strong for me.
Speaking of downward-facing dog...(let's pretend I was), I found another little dog at my last yoga class! Everyone meet Cody:
How precious is he?? I think I love him so much because he reminds me of Ellie Bear. Cody is my yoga instructor's dog, and he was there for the day to join us for class. Needless to say, I was a little preoccupied during class--not the best thing when you're trying to hold your balance so you don't fall on your head.
So go out there and try something new today, because you never know what you might find! Strength, a new talent, a new love, and maybe even a friend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment