Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Lucky Ducks

As I write this blog, I am sitting in a chair that is part of a lawn furniture set the previous owners of our house left (thanks, guys!), letting my fingers crawl over the keyboard as I take breaks to eat the most delicious, crisp apple. And as I sit here with the sun shining on my face (I can literally feel the freckles appearing), the ever-so-slightest breeze blowing through my very messy ponytail, I can't help but feel so grateful for such a beautiful life. Believe me, I have my moments when I fail to recognize and acknowledge this, but how many people on Earth get to have afternoons like this? If we're honest with ourselves, I think we would all agree that we live comparatively simple lives when we look at the rest of the world. Yes, we have the day-to-day stresses that seem to consume our lives at times--but we bring most of those on ourselves. In other words, we choose to live that way; we're not forced to. How lucky are we?
Going in a (somewhat) completely different direction, I just have to take a moment to talk about this BEAUTIFUL weather we've had! I kid you not, I feel like a different person when the weather starts getting warm. The trees in Athens are starting to bud their little pink blooms, and for me, that's when I know spring is here. That and when the line at Yoforia is constantly out to the road.
Okay...so that place is always packed.
And even though everyone keeps being pessimistic and saying that a cold front will make its way back soon enough (which, in reality...is very likely), I don't care. These few days I've been able to spend outside without 7 layers on have been incredible, and I won't let any thoughts about a blackberry winter ruin them.
I'm going to wrap this up so I can close my eyes and listen to my latest iTunes purchases...life is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment