Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Soul on Fire

My blog has officially become yet another form of procrastination...like I needed another one. I have literally come to my blog a least a dozen times today to write, to get away from the studying that has recently become my life. And every time I've had the self-control to deviate away from the blog.
"Now right now, Sarah Beth. Later. After you're done studying...as in never."
But this time I stayed. Because my fingers were itching, and I knew I couldn't possibly study a minute longer until I had written something, anything.
The problem is, I don't really have anything significant to say. Do you ever have those days? When you feel like everything that comes out of your mouth must sound like Charlie Brown's teacher? I do. And today is one of them, so I won't share my words; I'll share someone else's (I don't know whose, but I cannot take credit for them).
"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."
Now that is significant. I love it. If I had to pick a favorite quote, that would be it. Hands down. (Besides the Bible. But those aren't quotes; they're truths.)
Passion is more powerful than any weapon of mass destruction, more explosive than the most complex atomic bomb, more potent than the largest trace of anthrax. With God behind it, its power increases tenfold. So light your soul on fire. You will be able to do big, big things.

No comments:

Post a Comment