Wednesday, March 30, 2011

In like a lamb, out like a...duck

Let me start by saying that I love warm weather. There is a reason God put me in the south; I think He knew that I would not be a very Godly presence up north. My body was just not made to handle winter or cold weather in general, for that matter. 
That being said, I guess it's not too hard to understand why these past two months have been my personal heaven on earth (maybe that is a gross exaggeration--on its most beautiful day, earth could hardly compare). I was ready for high temperatures the day after the Christmas blizzard swept through--surprisingly, I didn't have to wait too long! By February the temperatures were consistently high (a "spring high," if you will), the birds were once again my alarm clock, and that green you can only see at the very beginning of spring's arrival was beginning to appear. 
Yes, we've had some showers lately, but those are to be expected (April showers bring May flowers, remember?). And with these showers has come the most beautiful, explosive boom of foliage I have seen in a long time. 
This is the view I have as I walk up and down my street to school everyday. No shade of Crayola crayon could ever come close to this. And then there are the flowers. I actually walked past the most beautiful little patch of dandelions in a nearby neighbor's yard yesterday and seriously contemplated picking them so I could take them home and put them in a vase. But that's called stealing. And about .002 seconds later my conscience (also known as the Holy Spirit) kicked in and I realized how sad I would be if someone picked my dandelions. So...my vase is still empty.
But here are some beauties that have recently decorated our front yard:
Spring is in the air! And God is written all over it--no one else could create this kind of beauty. 
So I have decided that, though April is holding true to its expected showers, March did not stick to its expected weather. Usually, March is "in like a lion, out like a lamb," right? Well I'm changing it. I think it's safe to say that March came in like a lamb and is going out like a duck; it's been particularly wet lately. 
So grab your rain boots--it looks like April has a head start!

1 comment:

  1. Quack...quack...I"m ready for beautiful April. God is written all over the world's beauty...and the beauty from your heart that's revealed in your words...Love you, Mother Duck

    ReplyDelete