Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Doll House

I think school is making me crazy. Literally. I can't concentrate long enough to get anything done because it is absolutely beautiful outside and all I want to do is walk to Five Points for yogurt and lay in my front yard. I can't even take time to blog! And I love to blog. But the combination of sun and school is making me want to do everything but sit down for anything. It's bad, really..I checked out of school a loooong time ago. I guess you could say I'm just shacking up at this point.
One good thing about school, though, is that 1. I get an education. A lot of people in the world don't get that, and I take advantage of it on a daily basis (aka as I write this..) and 2. because I still get to be outside to walk to class. I have the best walks everyday going to and from campus, because it gives me a chance to soak in the world and spend some time with Jesus..or daydream.
Today as I was walking to class, I looked up to the sky and noticed for the first time in a while just how very blue the sky was. There was not a cloud in the sky, and it just looked so pure and clean and...blue. And the sun's rays reached out for hundreds of miles, it seemed, and the trees were so vibrantly green that I don't even know if there's anything I can compare their color to. And as I was walking, I struck up a conversation with an older lady who was working outside in her yard and we just couldn't get over what a gorgeous day it was.
I kept walking, and kept looking, and kept thanking Jesus that I live in such a precious, beautiful little place. And then I suddenly pictured our world as God's doll house, except I know He loves us so much more than I ever loved my American Girl Dolls.
Do you notice that this blog is one big rambling of thoughts? This is literally my head right now, full of nonsense. I am praying for discipline and motivation, and I expect God to answer that so I promise I will have something better tomorrow. Until then, enjoy this beautiful weather! (And if you start wishing it weren't so hot, just remember how cold and miserable you were when the blizzards swept through three months ago...yeah.)

No comments:

Post a Comment