Saturday, April 2, 2011

he put a ring on it!

It. finally. happened! My sister Morgan is ENGAGED!!!
I tend to avoid the excessive use of exclamation marks when I blog, but this time I just can't help it!
For the past three years now (wow, I didn't realize it had been that long!) Moe has been dating Trey, her soon-to-be husband. And for about the past year, I've been waiting for this engagement to happen.
How b-e-a-utiful is this ring??
Selfishly, I'm just ready to help plan a wedding! The venue, the dress (which I'm most looking forward to), the color scheme, flowers, reception, invitations...this could go on for days. Needless to say, the knot.com will be bookmarked and there will be a stack of wedding magazines beside my bed at all times.
But even more than the wedding, I am looking forward to the marriage that Morgan and Trey will share. Morgan and I always talk about how so many times girls get so wrapped up in the excitement of planning a wedding that they seem to forget what they're really planning for--the marriage. The wedding lasts one night; the marriage is (and should be) the rest of your life. I have to say, my sister has done an amazing job of keeping things in perspective. I know that though she is ecstatic about the wedding (as am I!), her eyes are set on the life that will follow. Here is to my sister and future brother-in-law, Trey Wood. I love you and am so happy for you both!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the kind words SB! I CANNOT wait to begin the planning process with you :)Here's to spending hours poured over magazines and wedding websites....

    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE my girls!!!!! ( I can't avoid the exclamation marks either!)

    ReplyDelete