Friday, April 15, 2011

Love Affair

So this afternoon was a really, really good one. Let me tell you why.
After lunch I headed to Atlanta to be with Morgan for sister night; we hadn't had one in a while (as in..probably three weeks), so it was much needed. That in itself made the afternoon good, but it gets better.
I got to Atlanta a little early because I didn't want to get caught in 316 traffic--it is literally the worst--so I had some time to spare. And it just so happened that as I was driving into town I saw a sign for a Borders that was going out of business. Y'all know what that means..SALE!
Now, this was a bittersweet moment for me. The fact that the bookstore closest to Morgan's apartment was sad, but everything was 40% off, so I decided I would be okay with having to drive a little farther for a good book and coffee from now on.
I pulled into Borders, parked, and walked in...and I was suddenly in literature heaven. I have a love affair with bookstores, I think. I know that the Kindle and all of those e-books are "hot" right now, if you will. And I'm all about technology, but I stand firmly in my love for the physical, tangible book. The one you can hold and makes notes in and bookmark with dog-eared pages. There is something about the way books smell, especially really old ones, that is delicious. I want to be able to fall asleep on my book and not be afraid of breaking a screen. I want a real book. So I got two. And a journal.
Did I mention that I just went to the Borders in Athens two days ago and got two books then, too? Well I did...I told you I had a love affair with bookstores.
So anyways, my afternoon was really good. Because after I left Borders sister night began! Morgan and I decided to return to one of our favorite places for supper, Seasons 52. It's the freshest, most delicious food you'll ever have; I mean that. I decided to get the Farmers Market Vegetable Plate, which turned out to be one of the best meals I've ever had.
I know, I know...I think I could eat it all over again right now.
Tomorrow holds some wedding dress shopping with Morgan (so excited!) and then going to Spartanburg to watch one of my best friends, Emily Hearn, open for Darius Rucker. Could this weekend get any better??
I love my life...and books.

No comments:

Post a Comment