Thursday, April 28, 2011

mac is back, and so are my blogs

I don't know about all of you...but I feel pretty small right now. The tornadoes that swept through the Southeast last night were quite a reminder of how tiny I am in the grand scheme of things. Sometimes I forget how big our world is, how powerful nature is and how defenseless I am against it.
Last night a tornado warning was issued in Athens-Clarke County around 1:15 a.m. Within about 30 seconds, my roommates and I had congregated in my bed, watching the weather channel and praying that the tornadoes wouldn't come our way (quite frankly, our house wouldn't stand a chance). Within about 30 minutes, we had moved to the bathtub--tight squeeze, mind you--just to be safe. And as we were sitting on the blankets we had laid in the bathtub, we began to realize the enormity of the storm that had hit. While we were sitting there, knowing that we would most likely be perfectly fine, we talked about how there were people who had already lost their lives, their homes, their loved ones. And we just could not even seem to imagine how scared we would actually be if that was us.
By the grace of God, the worst of the storm passed us. But there are so many others who were not so lucky, so pray, pray, pray for them.
On another note...I am very aware that I have been quite the sketchy blogger lately. But there is a reason, I promise. My laptop failed me last Thursday night when the screen suddenly stopped working. So, of course, I took it to the trusty Apple store on Saturday to get it fixed. Stupidly, I expected that I would be waiting two or three hours for it to be made brand-new. It seemed like the perfect plan to me--I would just do a little shopping while I waited for baby Mac! But, alas, the man at the Genius bar told me it would be two to three...days. Needless to say, school has been a little harder to get through without it. But it's back in my arms and under my fingers, so my blog posts won't be so far and few between.

No comments:

Post a Comment