Tuesday, May 17, 2011

countdown

It's here: I leave for Paris TOMORROW! Have I finished packing?...absolutely not. For the past 6 days now, I've slowly transitioned from Athens to home to the lake to home to--almost--Paris, and my packing progress is sad...

However, I'm the kind of person that can get things done when it's absolutely necessary. I may put something off for a while, but in the end I will buckle down and get in done in record time. Trust me, I'm a college student. 
I am ecstatic about spending the next few weeks of my life in another country for a number of reasons:
   1. I always find it so intriguing to see another part of God's Earth. For me, it's so easy to get wrapped up in where I am that I forget that God created a whole Earth with different countries and landscapes and cultures and people. Going to a place where I'm completely outside of my comfort zone will make me aware of that, which is something I desperately want.
   2. I anticipate that being out of my comfort zone will make my relationship with God even stronger. When no one understands the language I'm speaking, He will. When I'm lost and scouring maps to figure out where in the world I am, I will know that He knows exactly where I am and is protecting me from all the Parisian crazies. 
   3. Food. Good food. That's all I need to say about that.
   4. Adventure--I'm ready for a good sense of it. And I'll be blogging about all my adventures while I'm there! I told my Meme this could be her way of living vicariously through me while I'm gone.

Obviously, there are more than four reasons. But my suitcase is still empty, so first things first. 
Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment