Tuesday, May 31, 2011

reality check

On Sunday around 9:00 my time (about 3:00 eastern standard time), my parents and I met for a date we'd been planning all week--on Skype, that is. They were up at Lake Burton for Memorial Day weekend with Meme so it was the perfect time for a group date! Seeing everyone's faces and knowing they were eating dad's pork chops and an Italian cream cake made me a little sad and maybe a little jealous. But then I remembered....I'm in Paris.
That sort of hit me tonight when my friends and I were out for dinner at this adorable little Italian cafe about 10 minutes away from our dorm. We were sitting there drinking wine and attempting to keep our voices down (all of the Frenchies are so quiet...I personally find it impossible) when we looked out the window and there was the Eiffel Tower, sparkling in all its glory. And all of a sudden, I became so aware that I was living in Paris, eating supper at an Italian cafe on the corner of the street with a group of girls that have quickly found such a special place in my heart. And I was quickly reminded of how blessed I am at this moment, how blessed I've always been. It made me want to be more aware of that, because failing to do so is failing to recognize God.

A blog with adventures and pictures will be coming soon--maybe tonight, actually. If I can keep my hands off my new jar of Nutella long enough to write something.

No comments:

Post a Comment