Saturday, May 7, 2011

this and that and a really bad sunburn

WHAT a week!...It begin with the very last day of real classes for my junior year of college. (deep breath) (pause) (another deep breath) And then there was reading day, a day that is set aside as the one day without classes or exams so that students can dedicate themselves completely to studying. What a joke. My friends and I began a tradition last year where we go to Kaiti's grandma's lake house on reading day--it's our way of preparing ourselves for exams. And reading day was great! We laid out and skied and Grandma made us lunch and I left the lake feeling like it was officially summer, even though it wasn't and sadly still isn't. (In case you think you're feeling a sense of deja vu, you are. I talked about the lake in my last post.)
I did not realize when I wrote my last post, however, how unbelievably burnt I was from the lake. The burn that was--I kid you not--the slightest shade of purple had not yet set in. But it did at about 3 o'clock Wednesday morning. Needless to say, I am short a bottle of aloe vera and preparing for more than one layer of my skin to start peeling off at any minute. Gross, I know.
Anyways, Wednesday began the dreaded process of studying for exams. Luckily, I was able to squeeze in one last lunch with my precious small group from this last year at Taqueria del Sol. I am going to miss them so much, as well as the baked goodies that somehow always managed their way to small group through one person or another and the games of pictionary that we dominated. God blessed me through that group in so many ways, and the greatest part about it was that I was actually
assigned to a different small group but somehow ended up visiting this one for some random reason and sort of chose them. That's called God making things happen for a reason--thank goodness He does that for me!
Back to my week. Although studying was draining and I'm pretty sick of the subjects I've been pouring over for the last three days, I have also been making sure to spend time with the people I love before we all go our separate ways for the summer. There has been a lot of movie watching at the Hampton house, a lot of Grit cake and Yoforia, a lot of really, really long conversations, a lot of talks about the future and just how much we love each other. So...would it be crazy to say that I sort of love exam time? Questionable, but I am. I love exam time.
One last thing before I hit the sack..tomorrow is Mother's Day! I just love Mother's Day because I believe mothers are such a gift from God. And not to brag, but especially mine; she is so, so wonderful. I won't go into detail because I'll save tomorrow's post just for her. But here's a sneak preview of the Mother's Day moments our family has already spent together--precious!

No comments:

Post a Comment