Tuesday, August 16, 2011

and all is as it should be

As I sit here at Walker's with my cup of coffee and a blank screen waiting to be filled with my words, I can't help but feel as though all is as it should be once again. I love home (home home, as in Habersham) in a way that I could never love anywhere else, but I know that I am back to where I'm supposed to be for now. That's Athens. I'm back in my little house I share with one of my best friends (and a new roommate!) with my favorite quilt on my bed and the dried hydrangeas from Lake Burton and my favorite books lining my shelves. It feels right; it feels like home. 
So I am falling in love with Athens all over again. I swear I do this every time I come back. Maybe it's finally being with all of my best friends again, maybe it's the walk I take to classes everyday through the streets in Five Points, maybe it's the Grit cake (let's be real)--maybe it's all of that and more, but I love every bit of it and can't wait to start a year that I think may very well be the best one I've had yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment