Wednesday, August 3, 2011

for real this time

Well this is embarrassing...I come back to my blog and the last post was on July 16th. Seriously?
Yes, seriously. I have been MIA from the blogging world for the past two weeks because I managed, once again, to put off schoolwork until the last possible minute (so uncharacteristic of me, I know). My journals and papers for my study abroad classes were all due at the end of July, so around the time I was writing my last post I realized I should probably be writing about intercultural conflict and human identity as opposed to the tree frog I had spotted that day. But after 42 days worth of journals and two 10-page papers, I am done. DONE. So now I have a little under two weeks until it starts.all.over.again.

All of that aside, I have been eagerly anticipating this fall and absolutely cannot wait for its arrival! For me, fall will bring cooler temperatures (thank the Lord), Georgia football** (this one is a BIGGIE, y'all), bridal showers galore (no, not for me. for my sister), and the beginning of my senior year of college (deep breath). There is enough going on to make my head spin, but it can't come quickly enough. There is something about the fall semester that is just so much better than the spring; in the fall, everyone is excited to be back, the weather is nice almost all semester and--do I have to say it again--FOOTBALL. When springtime comes, so does the fever, the itch to be out of school again; everyone peaces out the minute the last final is said and done.

I also can't wait to wear blue jeans again. It sounds dumb, I know, but I just love a good pair of blue jeans. And God knows I would not be found within a 10 foot radius of a pair of those things right now.
I can't wait to enjoy my first Spiced Chai from Jittery Joe's and not sweat profusely while doing so. I can't wait to enjoy one last Georgia/Florida game as a student. And I think I might be just as excited to be near The Grit again...oh how I miss a good noodle bowl and a slab of lemon poppyseed cake.

Here's to all of the good things to come! And yes, that includes more blog posts. I'm back, for real this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment