Tuesday, August 9, 2011

New York, New York

This time a week ago my plans for the weekend involved Lake Burton and friends and probably a baking adventure of some kind...not NYC. But somehow my friend Kaiti and I ended up there by Friday night to see one of our very best friends Grace! (side note: Grace has the cutest little blog  A Girl Named Grace and you should absolutely stop by on your way out of blogger world) Grace has been interning in the city for Good Housekeeping all summer long, and Kaiti and I just couldn't wait to see her any longer!

So off we traveled to the city that never sleeps...

The weekend was full of conversations that lasted for hours over bottles of wine from this precious little wine shop down the street from Grace's apartment...

...and walks down by the bay at night...

...and brunch at Bubby's in Tribeca (I searched for Bethenny Frankel while I was there but didn't find her, to my severe disappointment)...

...and an afternoon spent in vintage shops in Brooklyn...

...and so much more! We literally crammed in more in one weekend than some people do in one week. But it was a funny thing; even though I was in New York City, I felt like I was at home a little bit. My best friends and I were all scattered this summer--Paris, Nicaragua, NYC, Costa Rica and Panama, Atlanta, Athens--and even though we wouldn't trade our experiences for anything, we also realized that being somewhere great and new isn't the same if you're not surrounded by those that you love. It definitely puts things in perspective as I am making post-graduate plans for my life. 
At the same time, I have definitely gotten the travel bug--it started with Paris and was probably the reason I was so ready to go to NYC. So I'm pretty excited to see where it pushes me in the next couple of years! Who knows where I will be?...although I have to say, there is no place like the South, so I'm not going too far 



No comments:

Post a Comment