Tuesday, September 27, 2011

hey stranger

Do you ever get so behind with something that you find yourself avoiding it completely? Like, you dread so much returning to the thing you've neglected for long that you keep doing it to avoid the inevitable.
Well...I'm referring to my blog. Yes, the one you're reading. And obviously so, because it has been (ahem) 18 days since I last blogged. Eighteen days. I've been avoiding that number for a while now, and saying it out loud (or writing it on my blog) makes me feel a little better. Not because it's a small number, but because now I know it won't get any bigger.
On a different note, the past 18 days have been full...
Full of friends...
A reunion with my Paris girls...finally!
Spending nights at Normal Bar, the perfect place to grab a couch and talk for hours...
Full of football...


Full of those sweet, short moments I get to spend with my family amidst the chaos that fall brings...
Dad grilling his famous chicken for me and mom Saturday night
Full of a lot of learning...
I can't even place my finger on what about, but I'm just learning. It can be hard, it can be fun, it can be eye-opening and exciting and scary, too. But God is using every single day to teach me, and I hope I never stop learning. 
I also hope I never go that long without blogging again. 

1 comment:

  1. Me either! We've missed you and the dressing room and all the day to day life experiences that make us who we are...who you are...living, learning, growing, becoming who God has chosen us to be. Love you!

    ReplyDelete