Friday, September 30, 2011

obsession confession

So it's really great that the weather is starting to cool off, for a number of reasons:
1. I don't arrive to my classes drenched in sweat from the walk there.
2. I can wear my worn-out cowboy boots from high school all the time. Really, I wear them too much.
3. I don't have to shave my legs everyday, because I can wear blue jeans and no one will ever. know. Who's with me?
4. I can start making pumpkin-flavored baked goods. It's such a seasonal flavor, it just doesn't feel right making pumpkin muffins and pumpkin bread in the dead of summer. I'm actually planning on making some pumpkin zucchini bread this weekend! (I'll let you know how that goes)
5. I can cuddle up in bed instead of sprawling out on top of my covers with a fan on full-blast.
6. My Patagonia's and cable knit sweaters will soon be making their grand appearances.
7. Last but not least...it's candle season. I LOVE candles. I'm obsessed with them. And I love candles at any time of year, but there's something about colder weather that makes them not only smell good but feel cozy. I tend to light about three at a time in any given room of the house...could my room pass for a shrine most days? Yes. Is it worth it? Absolutely. Here's to my shrine of smell.

No comments:

Post a Comment