Sunday, October 2, 2011

and on the seventh day...

...God rested. He rested. He worked all week long, creating the heavens and the earth and the waters and all living things...you know, your typical week. And then He took a day off to revel in all that He had done.
So why have I never treated Sunday like this before? God did, and He invites us to--so why have I always left Sunday as a day to finish incredible loads of homework and finish things I put off doing all week? I honestly couldn't tell you, but I have recently discovered the beauty of Sundays.
My Sunday mornings have evolved into early runs and church and spending afternoons with people I love and community group. It's the most refreshing end to my weekend and start to my week. Isn't that the way it's supposed to be? I think that's the way God wants it to be, and I am perfectly happy to obey.

1 comment:

  1. love love love this. I've been reminded of this twice now in the past 12 hour. Looks like the Lord is trying to teach me something.

    ReplyDelete