Thursday, October 27, 2011

Sugar Coma

Here we are, a week after my last post, and now I have so much to catch this blog up on that I don't know where to start. For starters, here are some birthday celebration pictures that I promised: 
On Friday night, Amberleia, Phan, Lindsey and Miranda celebrated my birthday with me with a grill out! Yes, a grill out, and we did it all by ourselves. Lindsey put together the beautiful shish kabobs, and Amberleia manned the charcoal grill (isn't everything better on a charcoal grill?) I basically sat by and taste tested. Perks of being the birthday girl!

I love family birthday celebrations for a lot of reasons: I get to pick the menu and and the cake flavor,  and I get to enjoy all of it with everyone I love most. What more could a girl want in a birthday?
Compliments of Morgan Cody. Vegan Chocolate Death cake (recipe from The Grit--yum!) with homemade strawberry cream cheese icing. Even the flowers were made from scratch. I've said it before and I'll say it again: my sister will own a bakery some day. 
Being led to my birthday surprise that my mom has talked about incessantly for the past three months...
Isn't she beautiful?? I can't wait to put her in my house...you know you're getting older when you get furniture for you birthday. 





So the birthday weekend definitely put me in a sugar coma--but oh how sweet it was while it lasted!...literally. 

No comments:

Post a Comment