Monday, December 12, 2011

a catch up

I vowed that once I was through with finals I would be a free, blogging bird. I take it back. I have been a free bird, minus the blogging. But while I wasn't writing, I really was doing things that were just as good, like breakfast at Mama's Boy to wish my roommate off:
Amberleia was done with school early (lucky duck!) so we celebrated the beginning of her Christmas break at the best restaurant in town with probably 6 cups of coffee. Probably more.
And the annual Hampton Christmas breakfast--hands down THE best breakfast of the year, every year. 

Cinnamon rolls, homemade pumpkin muffins, bacon, pigs in a blanket, cheese grits, eggs, fruit salad,  and strawberry lemonade mimosas! I told you so. 
And lots of Lifetime Christmas movies...lots of Lifetime Christmas movies. Maybe too many. 
......
No, definitely not too many. There is no such thing as too many Lifetime Christmas movies. 

And then the weekend brought a whole new round of festivities! Classy Christmas at the Oak House (which I still have not uploaded pictures from, so those will have to come later) and two--yes, two--showers for Morgan. I continue to live vicariously through her throughout all of this. 
She didn't have time to open all of her presents at the shower on Sunday, so I volunteered to help her and Trey open them later last night. I mean...I was just trying to be helpful. And I love opening presents. And wishing they were mine. 
Trey's bulldog Moe helped out too! Two Moe's at one time made for quite the night:







Needless to say, by the end of the weekend we were all exhausted--myself especially, considering I didn't roll out of bed until noon today. Shameful? No, necessary. Cheers to Christmas break! 

No comments:

Post a Comment