Wednesday, December 21, 2011

christmas whirlwind

The last time I blogged I gave you a sneak peak of my friend Grace's engagement, so here I will finish what I started. I would post every picture, but I think my blog would go on image overload, so I'll try to give you the best captured moments of the night:
Grace's parents and sister drove from Atlanta to celebrate at Normal Bar with us--love this sweet family so much!
The whole family

All the girls crowding around Grace to see the ring and hear the proposal story
The ring is literally Grace in a piece of jewelry

Of course we ordered Grit cake for this special occasion :) 
It's surreal, getting to that point in life where friends getting engaged becomes so normal. By the end of the night, my cheeks were quite literally sore from smiling so much. My happiness for these two goes beyond description, so I can only imagine what it's like to be the one with the ring on your finger! 

Here are some other (maybe not as exciting) moments from my Christmas break so far:
Lots of moments attempting to enjoy popcorn in the living room, only to have Ellie bombard us for her share 
With Christmas only 4 days away, I find it appropriate that Ellie channels Mother Mary here
Okay I lied...this really is as exciting! My Meme got married last night to Dr. Tom Hodges, the second love of her life. We hadn't expected a wedding over Christmas break, but love knows not time..so here she is, getting ready for the ceremony. Such a beautiful bride, especially with the sassy feathers she got put in her hair for the special night!

Needless to say, the past week has been a whirlwind--an exciting, overwhelmingly happy whirlwind. But I wouldn't have it any other way, because these moments all mean that the people I love are happier, and what more could I ask for?

OH, and one last thing...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MORGAN! 
Today marks the 26th birthday of my sister, best friend and soulmate. I love her more than words and am beyond thankful to be able to celebrate another year of her life, because without Morgan I am not Sarah Beth. 
I love you, Moe!



Okay...for real...that is all for now. xoxo!

No comments:

Post a Comment