Monday, December 5, 2011

let the christmas posts begin

I hate to sound so cliché, but Christmas is just the most wonderful time of year. While a lot of people associate the season with loads of added stress, the dreaded trip to the in-laws' and the pressure of finding the perfect (and somehow cheapest) gift for everyone on their list, I find the season to be nothing less than the happiest time of year. The house smells like Christmas trees, lights are everywhere, carols are playing incessantly, baked goods are never far from reach...I tell you, the list goes on. Oh, and the ribbons. Ellie loves having those around:


My home in Athens even has a cozy, Christmas feel to it already, special thanks to the craftiness of Amberleia! 



Let's go back to last Christmas, which brought with it the most beautiful snow I've ever seen. Actually, it was the most beautiful snow on Christmas day in Georgia I had ever seen (as that was a first). This makes me want to reminisce.. 

Needless to say, my dad's truck was the only thing getting us out of our driveway

We couldn't stand it--after Christmas festivities we made the trip up to Lake Burton to see the snowy view from our cabin. b-e-a-utiful!
Now that I have successfully gotten my hopes up for another white Christmas, I pray that it actually happens (Jesus, I hope you're reading this blog). Let the countdown to Christmas begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment