Tuesday, January 31, 2012

wedding whirlwind

Well...we're just going to pretend like those last 28 days didn't happen. 
Or maybe we'll just forget that I made my way through them without blogging one. single. time.
I'm sorry...I'm sorry! I resolved in my New Year post that I would be a better blogger, and look at me. (I told you resolutions don't work)
School started, life got crazy, my sister got MARRIED--you know, just everyday things. 

Wait, no. As in, Morgan got married. My oldest sister and very best friend married her very best friend this past Saturday, and the weekend truly could not have been more perfect. Despite being somewhat of an emotional basket case at times, I held up pretty well for the important parts. And no, that doesn't count Morgan walking down the aisle. Who do you think I am?

Last week I was so distracted--all I ever wanted was to be at home with Morgan to prepare for the big day. And by prepare I mean mentally and emotionally. 
I wasn't able to come home until Thursday evening, but when I finally did I found mom, dad, Meme, Nana and Papa having a ribbon tying party! With less than two days to get ribbons tied onto over 500 programs, it was a family effort.
Friday brought the bridal luncheon--perfect in every way--and the rehearsal dinner. I was planning on throwing in a funny story or a joke during my improv toast...but tears came instead. Despite my cliche speech, the night was incredible! Look at that beautiful bride-to-be.
And getting ready for the wedding was an event in itself. Mimosas, food for days (I'm so glad I wasn't the one trying to fit into a wedding dress, because I'm not sure it would have happened), and monogrammed oxford shirts for all the bridesmaids to get ready in! Is it not the cutest thing you've ever seen? Of course Morgan's was a different color :) 
The ceremony was beautiful--God was such a part of it, and seeing my sister married to Trey under such a foundation of faith was incredible and inspiring. My heart was overflowing...so were my eyes.
Hello, Kate Middleton.
The reception was, well, a party! My friends from Athens initially made jokes about crashing the wedding, but they didn't have to--Morgan absolutely insisted that they come, and we occupied the dance floor until the Motown band played their last beat. 

What a weekend! Now back to normal life, which means back to blogging. It's good to be home, blogger world.

1 comment:

  1. yayy! that one was well worth the wait! you look absolutely gorgeous in ALL the wedding pictures!
    -Catherine

    ReplyDelete