Thursday, February 2, 2012

flowers in february

Last Saturday, as my sister and new husband Trey's reception came to a close, it came time for her to throw the bouquet. The band called all the girls forward with a Motown version of "Single Ladies," and suddenly every guy had evacuated the dance floor. Quickly. 
I moved around the crowd of girls, trying to figure out where I should stand to catch the bouquet. (Actually, I was trying to think about Morgan's throwing range and how close I really needed to be :))
But Morgan is the sweetest bride ever, and I didn't even have to catch the bouquet--she called me up and gave it to me! When I walked up she said, "You know what this means, right?"
....sorry, I will not be getting married next.
But I'm still so glad I have her bouquet to keep forever! 
I'm drying it out now and have thought about carrying it at my wedding rehearsal one day. In the meantime, I'm crossing my fingers that the flowers won't have crumbled to nothing by then. 

Those aren't the only flowers I'm enjoying right now--look at these guys!

As I was walking through North Campus to Starbucks for a little mid-morning tea, these daffodils caught my eye. I love warm weather and I love flowers, so the fact that both have arrived in February has made me one happy girl. How I love Georgia winters...

No comments:

Post a Comment