Friday, February 17, 2012

let's catch up

One of these days I'm going to figure out how to not let myself feel guilty for blogging when there are ten other things I should probably be doing. (Key word: probably. Not definitely. This is what makes it okay to blog when my planner is telling me to do everything but)
So let's catch up. The past week has been full of good, good things:

Going to see Morgan and Trey for the first time since their wedding! Lucky for me, Morgan had set aside last Saturday to try out her new apple fritter bread recipe that she had linked up to the day before on her blog. Um...yes, I'll stick around for that. 
I felt like I was five years old again, hovering over the goodie-in-making--as if that would make the process go by any faster.
But when it finally did...
Oh. my. apple fritter. 
Literally one of the most delicious things I've tasted. This bread is meant to be pulled apart, but you better believe I went in with a fork. 

But then it was back to real life. Back to school, back to..Valentine's Day? Yes! I always wonder what would happen if people celebrated love the way that they did on this one day. I know that I would be one happy girl for sure, because I always end up with a surprise on my doorstep from my sweet parents on Valentine's Day :)
This year it was a beautiful arrangement of flowers, which is honestly better than anything sweet because the latter doesn't ever last very long with me.

And before I knew it, it was time for sister slumber party! Trey had to be in Atlanta for work Thursday night, so of course we had to have girls night (Ellie included). 

We indulged in froyo,
made a 10:30 trip to RedBox to get Bridesmaids,
watched Live with Kelly in bed (miss you, Regis!),
and I had black coffee for the first time ever. It was real.
And now it's time to go begin my weekend--my best friend is coming to Athens tonight, which means I'll definitely have blog material soon. 
Until then! xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment