Wednesday, February 22, 2012

loud and clear

There are days when I can feel God speaking to me through what I'm reading, and then there are days when I feel Him yelling as loudly as He can--in the most gentle way, of course. 
Lately I've been reading the same things over and over again, and not because I'm seeking out books or scripture on these topics but because they always just end up in front of me. 

Topics:
waiting 
resting
trusting
praying

...coincidence? I'm going to go out on a limb and say no.

This morning the title of my devotional was "You Must Trust." (Okay God...I HEAR YOU)
And it didn't just say to trust; it said to trust wholly, absolutely, and continuously. 
"All doubts arrest God's work."
As in, not trusting in God's perfect timing for His perfect plan literally halts His work. God can only work when we surrender all doubts and worries. So when we wonder why something hasn't happened or why we haven't received an answer, maybe it's because we're praying without expectation. Expect. Trust. 
I'm a control freak, a worrier, a human--so I'm preaching to myself right now. But I'm also asking you to expect, because I think that when we all learn to expect things of God, big things will begin to happen. And I'm ready for that.




No comments:

Post a Comment