Thursday, March 29, 2012

amazing grace

It was around 10:00 last night before I had finally gotten around to eating supper, taking a much needed shower and smothering myself with aloe (pool day on Wednesday took quite the toll on the entire front half of my body). As I settled into the couch, ready to sink myself into homework mode for the rest of the night, I stumbled across something on my phone. I never go into my notes on my phone--I don't even remember putting anything there--but before I knew it, my fingers had tapped their way into my notes. And there I found one sentence:

When the grace of God ceases to be amazing, it ceases to be grace.

I don't even have to elaborate. It's as simple as that. Grace is amazing. When it ceases to be, it ceases. Period. But how often do I cease to be truly amazed at the grace God shows me every day?..every second of every day, because I am one sinful human being. 
This was God ending my day with a reminder of his grace. And He put it in bold, and then italicized it, and then underlined it, and then sprinkled it with fairy dust that made it look beautiful.
"Sleep on that, Sarah Beth..." 

So I'm glad I ended up in my notes tonight. And no, I don't think it's just a coincidence. I don't believe in coincidences. I believe in Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment