Wednesday, April 18, 2012

and it's all the happier

It's mid-morning but my room is still dark, only lit by the lamp that sits atop my nightstand. The rain is coming steadily--no pitter patter here. To my right I hear what sounds like a stream rushing by; to my left, the drip of raindrops falling from the edge of the rooftop. 
My coffee is hot. My Bible is near. 
oh...what a Wednesday.
And while rainy days tend to seem dreary and absent of things happy, they are so full of life. Literally, the rain is what gives life to everything we enjoy on those sunnier days, no?
So I should be no less thankful for rainy days--yes, even when I have to run through them for dear life to get to my classes. 
This morning I was reminded of that in the happiest way. The opening to my quiet time could not have been any more fitting:

"Love and laugh. Make your world the happier for your being in it. Love and rejoice on the gray days."

I love this. And though I mess up daily, hourly, on the minute, I tell you, I pray that God is able to make himself at home in my heart and mold me into a person that makes the world happier for my being in it. 
Love and laugh. 
That means love everyone--especially the people who are hard to love. 
Laugh always--it's our way of showing God that we enjoy Him and everything He has given us.
Which is everything, by the way. 

love, love, love. it is the secret to everything.

1 comment:

  1. Okay...THAT is a keeper! "To pray that God is able to make Himself at home in my heart and mold me into a person that makes the world happier for my being in it."
    Sarah Beth, what a gift you have...bless you,,bless YOU, BLESS you!!! for sharing...
    Love, Love, Love you sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete