Friday, May 4, 2012

end of an era

Today my dad will make his way to Athens in one of those beloved (and by that I mean obnoxious) Uhaul trucks and finish the process that my mom and I painstakingly began on Monday. 
moving out.
so bittersweet, is it not? 
I've been in the sweetest little house with Amberleia (roommate and friend of 8 wonderful years) for the past two years, and it's been so good to me. It's walking distance to campus (although some would argue with me on that), in the midst of a neighborhood whose mornings find women working in their yards and babies in their strollers, and--more importantly--a hop, skip and a jump away from Yoforia.
love you, Southview.
I also said my goodbyes to "the Hampton House" a few nights ago. It's the house I moved into when I first transferred from Presbyterian College to UGA 2 1/2 years ago. Through a friend of a friend of a friend...etc. I found out about a girl who was studying abroad and needed someone to sublet her room. 
Did I know her? you ask.
No, I didn't. 
Did I know her roommates that would still be there?
Negative.
Quite seriously one of the scariest things I've ever done. 
But Jesus is so good, and those girls quickly became my best friends. It's still so crazy to me how one phone call to a random girl asking her if I could live in her bedroom for four months changed my college years forever. 
(so just a side reminder: if you're ever wondering what in the world God is doing with you, know that He has a purpose and a plan. and you might just end up with four new best friends because of it.)
I say all of that to acknowledge that I have come to the end of an era--one that has been full of, well, everything. Up's and down's, big changes, growth, classes that make you hate your life for a little bit, and lots of nights spent at Jittery Joe's (although that's not quite over for me yet). 
So I leave Southview and Hampton with little pieces of my heart and move on to the next era--one that is full of unknowns--in the hope that it will capture my heart in just the same way.

the end.
(before I get too sappy and reality sets in)






No comments:

Post a Comment