Wednesday, May 2, 2012

here and now

I come to you reporting from UGA's exam week, Spring 2012. The forecast is sunny with high levels of stress and procrastination. 
...and clearly exams are taking top priority in my life right now. 
Honesty, I can't remember ever being so ready to be done with a semester (I think I say this at the end of every semester), and so my mind has already fast forwarded to summer--which, by the way, I will be spending in Atlanta, praise to God above!
But...
as I find myself being so removed from the present and ready for the next adventure, I find myself missing out on what God is doing here and now. This semester has been a long one--good in so many ways, hard in a lot of ways. I've spent a significant amount of time looking back on the past four months and wondering if I didn't make the wrong move at times, if I didn't mess up God's plan because of my impulsive, emotion-based decisions. 
The cool thing is, nothing--absolutely nothing--I do can ever mess up God's bigger plan. He is God, King of the Universe. He is Infinite and All-Powerful and All-Knowing. 
And I really think that I, a simple, sinful human, could mess Him up? 
Well, I have cut myself a hefty slice of humble pie and realized that the answer to that question is never
So I cannot dwell on the past, nor on the future--because that's God's plan, too--but I can live in the present, soaking up the last part of this chapter and preparing myself for the next. 
Hold true to the hope that God will work through even the messiest past, is right beside you--inside of you--in the present, and already knows your future, promising to love you the whole way.
Sweet relief.

"Yet I still dare to hope when I remember this:
The faithful love of the Lord never ends! 
His mercies never cease.
Great is His faithfulness;
His mercies begin afresh each morning."
Lamentations 3:21-23

1 comment:

  1. What a comfort...when we really release the need to be in charge! Love the scripture from Lamentations---and the beautiful hymn that was written from these words.

    ReplyDelete